Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sauna hats??

While looking at a picture of sauna accessories, I noticed sauna hats. Hats? I was mystified. This was quite out of my experience.

When I ventured further onto the Internet, I found more hats. One website for a public sauna business encouraged people to bring their own the sillier, the better.

Sure enough, photos show happy people wearing woolen caps. Hats apparently protect a person’s head and allow them to enjoy hotter temperatures and/or longer saunas.

Does it work? Anyone who’s convinced? Let me know.

Side note: My hairdresser said that heat is especially hard on hair dyes — worse than chlorine pools. Her usual suggestion is that  those whove treated themselves to expensive hair coloring should limit time under a blow dryer or in the sun. I bet that would include the sauna as well. When I’m due for a recoloring, maybe I should  try a hat.

Nikki 

Buy a copy of Some Like It Hot: The Sauna, Its Lore and Stories from the publisher, North Star Press of St. Cloud, Minnesota, or from local booksellers.  

For a personally inscribed copy, send $20 (which includes tax and shipping costs) to: Nikki Rajala, P.O. Box 372, Rockville, Minnesota 56369.




2 comments:

  1. Why are you wearing a hat in the sauna? Some people might find that a bit odd. Most of your body heat escapes through your head. Thus, some people will actually wear hats in the sauna to withstand higher temperatures. Hats also might be worn during winter time too. To each his own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best double oven Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete